American Conference Institute will hold the 2nd west coast edition of its popular "Maximizing Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles" conference next week in San Francisco (at the beautiful Mark Hopkins hotel). ACI calls this "the only Hatch-Waxman conference specifically designed for the biopharmaceutical industry."
According to ACI, the conference will "bring the biopharmaceutical industry the critical information that it needs regarding the legal aspects of pharmaceutical patent life cycles. An esteemed faculty of biopharmaceutical industry and Hatch-Waxman experts will provide targeted information and commentary especially for biopharmas."
The following talks should be particularly interesting:
- Legislative and Regulatory Update: Patents and Politics in the 110th Congress
- Follow-on Biologics/Biosimilars: The IP and Political Wildcard
- Aligning Product Development, Patent Portfolio Management and Patent Life Cycle Management
- Eye on the Supreme Court: Key Patent Cases Before the Supreme Court and Their Impact on Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles
- European Roche Bolar: Understanding Its Impact on U.S. Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles
- Update on FDA Activities Relative to Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles
- Present Controversies and Uncertainties in Market Exclusivity (by Kurt Karst of FDA Law Blog)
- FTC Initiatives to Promote Competition in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Additionally, two pre- and post-conference workshops are available: "Regulatory Fundamentals and IP Basics for Small Molecules and Biologics" on June 4; and "New Strategies for Obtaining Pharmaceutical Patent Extensions" on June 7.
The co-chairs of the conference are Martin A. Voet (Sr. VP & Chief IP Counsel, Allergan, Inc. and author of The Generic Challenge) and Robert C. Funsten (Shareholder, Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth). Additional details and registration information are available at the conference website.
Orange Book Blog is a media partner of this conference.