American Conference Institute will be holding its Pharma/Biotech Patent Boot Camp conference in San Francisco, September 18-19.
According to ACI, the conference "has been designed to give new patent attorneys and patent attorneys who are new to the life sciences industries--as well as business executives in pharma and biotech companies--a strong working knowledge of essential IP and regulatory competencies relative to life sciences patents."
The following talks sound particularly informative:
- Pre-Patent Considerations Relative to Product Development, Commercialization and Life Cycle Management
- Freedom to Operate: Analysis and Opinions for Pharma and Biotech Patents
- Finding Safe Harbors for Life Sciences IP: Assessing Protections and Identifying Infringing Activities Relative to Third-Party Patents
- The Nature of the Approval Process for Drugs and Biologics: What Every Life Sciences Patent Attorney Should Know
- Patent and IP Overview for Drugs and Biologics: Hatch-Waxman, Trade Dress and More
- Patent and Non-Patent Exclusivity
- Bioequivalence and the "Same Active Ingredient" vis-a-vis Patentability
- Exploring Pharmaceutical Patent Extensions: Patent Term Adjustment and Patent Term Restoration
The co-chairs of the conference are MaCharri R. Vorndran-Jones (patent counsel, Eli Lilly and Co.) and Thomas J. Kowalski (partner, Frommer Lawrence & Haug LLP). Additional details and registration information are available at the conference website.
Orange Book Blog is a media partner of this conference.