American Conference Institute is hosting a special 10th Anniversary Edition of its annual "Maximizing Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles" conference on October 7th and 8th in New York. According to ACI, this is "the one and only event that consistently allows brand name and generic drug makers to benchmark their companies' current strategies and tactics against competitors in both camps."
Here's the agenda:
- The endgame reinvented: preparing for an emerging pharmaceutical patent paradigm
- Patent reform and the pharmaceutical industry: anticipating and adapting to change
- Follow-on biologics: understanding the role of patents in health care reform and related consequences for life cycle strategies
- Wyeth v. Dudas: revisiting patent term adjustment calculations
- Overcoming obviousness: an analysis of the post-KSR treatment of primary and secondary patents and finding new ways to extend patent life
- In Re Bilski: exploring its implications for pharmaceutical method claims
- Eye on the Federal Circuit and District Courts: life cycle lessons derived from Paragraph IV litigation
- FTC keynote: promoting competition in the pharmaceutical industry
- EC keynote: the European Commission Pharmaceutical Sector Inquiry -- main findings and policy recommendations
- Rethinking life cycle strategies for established and emerging international markets: focus on Europe and Asia
- A new look at Orange Book listings, delistings and related challenges
- FDA keynote: update on FDA activities relative to pharmaceutical patent life cycles
- Exclusivity: modes, methods and new interpretations
- Re-exploring the safe harbor: learning to navigate the potential limits and boundaries of Proveris
In addition, an optional pre-conference workshop is offered on October 6th: "Hatch-Waxman Boot Camp--a primer on IP basics and regulatory fundamentals". And two optional master classes are offered on October 9th: "Brand Name Master Class--new strategies for obtaining pharmaceutical patent extensions in a post-KSR world" and "Generic Master Class--updated drafting guidelines for paragraph IV certifications and notice letters".
ACI is offering Orange Book Blog readers a $500 discount off the standard registration fee (for a flat rate of $1695) when referencing the "Media Partner Discount". For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.