American Conference Institute will be holding its 11th annual "Maximizing Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles" conference on October 6th and 7th in New York City. This conference is extremely popular with in-house and outside counsel for both innovator and generic pharmaceutical companies.
Shashank Upadhye, Vice President, Global Intellectual Property for Apotex, and I will be presenting "Ariad v. Lilly: The Reaffirmation of Written Description and Enablement and Their Collective Role in Patent Life Cycle Management." The rest of the agenda includes:
- Patent Reform Revisited: Pondering Its Impact on the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Understanding the Particulars, Peculiarities and Politics of Biosimilars and Their Impact on Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycle Management
- Of Biosimilar Applications (BPCIA) and ANDAs (Hatch-Waxman)
- New Patent Term Adjustment and Patent Term Extension Decisions and Their Significance for Small and Large Molecules
- Obviousness Continued: How KSR and Its Progeny are Impacting the Patent Life of Drug and Biological Products
- Bilski, Prometheus and Myriad: Understanding the Madness over Method Claims in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Eye on the CAFC and District Courts: Life Cycle Lessons Derived from Paragraph IV Litigation
- FTC Keynote: Competition Considerations for Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycle Management (presented by Markus H. Meier, Assistant Director of the Health Care Division at the FTC)
- New Controversies and Concerns Associated with Orange Book Listing and Labeling Strategies
- Exclusivity: Modes, Methods, Forfeitures and Relinquishments
- FDA Keynote: Update on FDA Activities Relative to Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles for Small and Large Molecules (presented by Elizabeth Dickinson, Associate Chief Counsel at the FDA)
- Learning to Navigate the New Limits and Boundaries of the Safe Harbor
In addition, two pre-conference workshops is offered on October 5th: "Hatch-Waxman and BPCIA 101: A Primer on IP Basics and Regulatory Fundamentals"; and "Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycle Strategies for the EU and Emerging Markets". And a post-conference workshop is offered on October 8th: "The Master Class on Patent Term Adjustment and Patent Term Extensions for Pharmaceutical and Biological Patents".
ACI is offering Orange Book Blog readers a discounted registration fee: use discount code OBB to save $400. For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.