American Conference Institute will be holding its 13th annual "Maximizing Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycles" conference in New York City on October 10-11. There have many important developments in pharmaceutical patent law over the last year--from use codes to Myriad to the safe harbor--and this conference will bring you up to speed.
The conference agenda includes the following talks:
- From Product Development to Patent Portfolio Management: Patent Life Cycle Strategies for a Post-AIA World
- An Industry Perspective on Implementation of the AIA, New PTO Proceedings, and Their Collective Impact on Life Cycle Management
- Preparing for the Implementation of the FDA's Biosimilars Pathway and its Effects on Life Cycle Planning
- REMS Studies and Generic Entry: Exploring the Latest Regulatory Conundrums Affecting Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycle Strategies
- Personalized Medicine and Patent Life Cycle Considerations in Light of Prometheus and Other Recent Challenges to Subject Matter Patentability, Written Description, and More
- Employing Strategies to Avoid Findings of Obviousness: Legal Analysis and Practical Applications for Brand Names and Generics
- Inequitable Conduct Post-Therasense and How it Impacts Life Cycle Planning
- USPTO Keynote: The Brave New World of Patent Reform and its Impact on Pharmaceutical Patents
- Understanding How Caraco has Redefined the Relationship Between Pharmaceutical Patents, Labels, and Use Codes
- Analyzing Method Claims and the Madness Over Recent and Pending Inducement and Divided Infringement Cases
- Exclusivities and Forfeitures: New Developments, Controversies and Related Concerns
- An Update on FDA Activities Impacting Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycle Planning
- Safe Harbor or Stormy Port? Calming the Legal Tempest Left by Proveris
- Understanding the Importance of Rx to OTC Switches to the Future of Pharmaceutical Patent Life Cycle Management
In addition to the two-day main conference, ACI is offering two pre-conference workshops on October 9th: Assessing the Impact of New PTO Procedures Under the AIA on Hatch-Waxman Strategies Relative to Patent Life Cycle Management; and Basic Training in the Essentials of Patent Term Adjustment and Patent Term Restoration for Patent Lawyers Serving the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
Orange Book Blog is a media partner of the conference, so readers are eligible for a $200 discount by using registration code OBB 200. For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.