American Conference Institute will be holding its popular "Paragraph IV Disputes" conference in San Francisco next week, on December 4-5. I will have the honor of speaking at the conference on a panel addressing "Paragraph IV Strategies for Method of Treatment Patents in View of Recent and Pending Decisions Regarding Inducement and Divided Infringement."
The remainder of the conference agenda includes the following:
- Anticipating and Reassessing Paragraph IV Challenges in the Era of the Patent Cliff
- Analyzing Invalidity and Noninfringement Assertions in Light of the ANDA Applicant's Prelitigation Obligations and Assertions
- Prior Art Obviousness and Obviousness-Type Double Patenting: Legal Analysis and Practical Applications for Brand Names and Generics
- Labels, Patents and Use Codes: Understanding the Significance of Novo Nordisk v. Caraco to Hatch-Waxman Challenges
- A View from the Bench--a panel featuring Judges Tonianne Bongiovanni, Garrett Brown, David Folsom, and Eugene Lynch
- FTC Keynote: Pay-for-Delay Update
- Settling Paragraph IV Disputes: Drafting and Negotiation Strategies for Brand Names and Generics
- Exclusivities and Forfeitures: New Developments, Controversies and Concerns Relative to Paragraph IV Litigation
- Controversies Surrounding Damages and At-risk Launches
- Updating the Standards in Inequitable Conduct Post-Therasense: Ethical Considerations for Paragraph IV Cases
In addition to the two-day main conference, two pre-conference workshops are offered on December 3rd: "Hatch-Waxman and BPCIA 101--a Primer on IP Basics and Regulatory Fundamentals" and "AIA/PTO Working Group: Assessing the Impact of New PTO Procedures Under the AIA on Paragraph IV Litigation." There will also be a post-conference working group session: "Biosimilars: Product Development Strategies, Regulatory Review, and Anticipated Litigation Through a Hatch-Waxman Lens."
Orange Book Blog readers are eligible for discounted registration by using code OBB 200. For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.