American Conference Institute will be holding its first "Global Patenting Strategy & Practice" conference July 15-16 in New York. McAndrews, Held & Malloy Partner Scott McBride will be speaking on strategies for protecting trade secrets in multiple jurisdictions.
The rest of the agenda includes the following presentations:
- Understanding the Importance of Developing a Global Strategy for Your Patent Portfolio
- An Alignment of Interests: Determining the Impact of Patent Harmonization Efforts on IP Protection
- Devising Effective Strategies for Working with Inventors in Foreign Jurisdictions
- A Review of Guidelines for Patentability and Novelty in Different Patent Offices
- Comparing Claim Drafting and Construction Standards in important Jurisdictions
- Exploring Obviousness and Inventive Step Concepts Around the World
- Analyzing Written Description and Specification Requirements Across Different Patent Regimes
- Comparing and Contrasting Opposition Proceedings in the US and EU
- Navigating the "Ins" and "Outs" of Opposition Practice Across the World
- Managing Unique Challenges and Investigating Emerging Trends in Foreign Patent Litigation
- Using the International Trade Commission (ITC) as a Venue for Global Patent Conflicts
- Addressing the Challenges Presented by Compulsory Licensing Provisions Abroad
In addition, two post-conference workshops will be held on July 17: "Mastering the Foreign Patent Law and Regulatory Requirements for Life Sciences Companies in a Global Context" and "Negotiating the Obstacles and Challenges Associated with Patenting a Product in Multiple Jurisdictions."
Orange Book Blog readers receive discounted registration by using code OBB 200. For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.