Bloomberg BNA's upcoming "AIA Post-Grant Patent Practice Conference" presents a unique opportunity to hear from present and former PTAB judges--as well as keynote speakers Hon. Pauline Newman and Hon. Randall Rader. This two-day conference is based on the Bloomberg BNA treatise Post-Grant Patent Practice, which was authored by four former Administrative Patent Judges and which will be distributed to each conference attendee as part of the materials.
The first day of the conference will provide an overview of the statutory and regulatory basis for post-grant practice and will discuss how post-grant practice has evolved over its first year. The second day will feature mock demonstrations of the various hearings that occur during post-grant trials, including inter partes review, post-grant review, and covered business method patent review. These demonstrations will feature prominent attorneys who have significant experience before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Here's the complete agenda:
Day One: The Law Governing Post-Grant Practice, Including the Fresenius USA v. Baxter Int'l case, and Real-World Experience Practicing Before the PTAB
- The Fundamentals of Post-AIA Post-Grant Patent Procedures--a panel discussion that includes McAndrews shareholder Herbert D. Hart III
- Luncheon Address by the Honorable Pauline Newman, Circuit Judge, Federal Circuit
- Inter Partes and Post-Grant Reviews (including CBM Patent Reviews)
- Derivation and Interference Procedures
- Fresenius USA v. Baxter Int'l and its Impact on Post-Grant Practice
Day Two: Mock Hearings/Conferences with APJs and Insights from Lawyers "In the Trenches"
- Motions Based on Estoppel/Privity and Mock Conference
- Motions for Joinder and Mock Conference
- Discovery Motions and Mock Conference
- Luncheon Address by the Honorable Randall Rader, Chief Judge, Federal Circuit
- Motions to Amend Claims and Mock Hearing on Amendment
- Final Briefing and Mock Final Hearing
An advance registration discount is available until Friday, January 31 with the code EARLYBIRD. For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.